820-3435 no power no PPV5_S5. What am I doing wrong here?

dukefawks

Administrator
First you check for a short from PPBUS to any of the coils on the board (shorted high side FET somewhere). If that is ruled out inject voltage on PPBUS and see what heats up. Start with 1V and slowly go up if you can't find it.

G.Beard

Nothing from PPBUS_G3H to the inductors, not even L7130 because F7140 had already blew at some point, but the short is either side of the broken fuse.
Already tried removing Q7130 and every other FET and cap and IC I can find on the schema that looks remotely like it may create a dead short on PPBUS_G3H. So, I tried connecting up the power supply which went into limiting immediately. Turned it up slow, no heat, turned it up a little more, no heat..... Decided F* this board and passed 25W through it. Can you guess what got hot?.......... The fucking power supply :)
Board was cool as a cucumber

To blow an 8A 24V fuse, what are the chances of a short on an inner layer(s) you recon?

dukefawks

Administrator
If the short is on both sides of F7140 with it removed then there must be more wrong then just something shorted. Could be internal short in the board yes.