820-00165 fan spins for 5 seconds then off

Kyle93

820-00165 with minor liquid damage in LCD connector area.

board turns on for about 5 seconds then turns off and nothing else happens. Rest of board is very clean.

Wat to check first?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"all 5V voltages"
I was reffering to ALL voltages (in the 5s ON time ), especially on the big coils....

Kyle93

I do not see anything in the schematic that refers to 5S power rails. Are you referring to ALL of the power rails in schematic while the board is on like all of the 3.3V 12.6V 5V rails e.t.c

Kyle93

Noticed minor corrosion on the clock chip so replaced and have new results. When board first powers on it only uses 339 miliamps for about 20 seconds before turning off but now it turns back on and at starters using 330 amps again but then stays continuously running between 500-600 miliamps. No image on internal or external still.

Do you still need all of those voltages or could this be a bios issue?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You can try new BIOS, but check first if you get all voltages, including VCORE.
Also test the board alone, disconnecting LIO flex and other devices.

JohnB8812

Sounds like a bad CPU to me. Have seen that issue of on off on way too many times. BIOS would be only hope imo being liquid was near there

Kyle93

Bios from donar board of had exact symptoms. I think John is right bad CPU at this point. I replaced everything I could find under microscope that looked like it got hit with liquid but still no change.

This was also cleaned before I got it.

Kyle93

Yes, they are all present during first power cycle and the second cycle. During 2nd cycle it stays at a steady 590 miliamps. Must be CPU now.