820-3476 - new blank serial board.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, didn't work this Sunday.
If you edit SSN, you must fix checksum too.
I hope Monday I'll have time to do it.

Alan.L

i can do these myself thru hedit, I just wanted to have proper fsys checksum. are you saying LBE can correct fsys checksum after editing the sn?

Last edited:
LBE will take a bios with a SN and let you change it to what ever you want on the fly. I have used it quite a bit when replacing boards I can't fix. I have been happy with it. My programmer has the j-tag adapter so unlike Louis I don't take them off the boards. I use them!

Alan.L

i don't know why these two files are giving sensor errors on ASD EFI which causing high-speed fan. then I put back the original unmodified rom and its working fine without error but no serial.

could it be wrong SMC version?
2informaticos, Any ideas?

original unmodified rom
----------------------------------------------
WIsyfsp.jpg

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't find any FGYY BIOS file.
I used G3QH series to build the file.
You can try to swap your original ME region into the files I sent to you.

I will try tomorrow to inject modified FSYS area from G3QH into your original file.

Alan.L

still the same.

can i just use the original, insert the serial area and call it a day?

9tD47JP.png

i get ambient air sensor error. CPU proximity error and fin stack error when I use your files.

Alan.L

mm, let me put back the original one again to check if there's any sensor error. pretty certain there wasn't any.

do you reckon there is crap under the SMC and also caused original bios to become corrupted and doesn't show sensor error?

might just require a reflow or should it, original edge bonding is still present...

Alan.L

edit. .

yep, no ambient air sensor, CPU proximity and fin stack error on the original bios.

this is weird.

should i just use your last bios and give SMC a reflow? even tho i don't see any liquid on the board.

Last edited: