820-00850: Advice on substitute L6900, L6901 (missing)

Hello

Need some advice on a substitute for these inductors that was ripped off when the customer was trying to work on it. L6900 and L6901.
Both inductors are 1.0UH-20%-3.9A-0.035OHM

I've tried searching the web by the part number (PILE32251E-SM) and by the description with no luck.

Will a 2.2UH-20%-3A-0.052OHM work? I have 2 of these that i can put in.

Available on hand and with similar package dimensions:
2.2UH-20%-4.5A-0.043OHM
2.2UH-20%-3A-0.052OHM
0.68UH-20%-6.7A-0.0194OHM

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
1uH is a common value for many normal laptop boards (windows version).
Any of them will admit more than 4A and internal resistance will be close to original, a bit lower probably.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
The final design of a buck converter, takes care about all coil specifications, as filter cap too.
Slight deviations should work, I suppose.

Should be space enough to solder close to the board, extending terminals with some short (but strong) wire...

Yeah found a substitute that works.

I do have another question, how do one get the cd3215 chips off. They are using a different style glue around them that aren?t coming off so easily like previous models. I?ve tried just heating up the chip like normal but it?s not coming off.

So I?ve gotten all the glue off but the chip still isn?t coming off. Is there something im missing or is there some method for getting this guys off that?s different from other chips.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Underfilled chips are a nightmare always.
Preheat entire board; MLink 853A is a good option.
Be very careful, or you can take off board pads.

Yeah you were right. Nightmare. But knowing that the glue was also underneath the chip help. Just preheated as the board as suggested, then heated the chip until the solders desolidified, then I could easily then pull up on the chip without damaging any of the pads.

Thanks again for the assist.