thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-00165 macbook air battery issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-00165 macbook air battery issue

820-00165 macbook air battery issue, problem is laptop will power on from the keyboard when the mains is plugged in but not when its on battery only, i dont mean the laptop turns on when the mains is connected i mean it turns on via the keyboard when mains connected but not when just on battery , the laptop sees the battery , charges the battery and even runs from the battery if started from the mains supply, im a bit confused and any help would be thankfull

Inspect the trackpad and trackpad flex for corrosion. Have you tried a new trackpad/trackpad cable/keyboard?

Comment

Hi , just tried the board in a known good housing and still the same, i cant see any signs of spillage anyway

Comment

Inspect for corrosion near or under the SMC

Comment

Try battery alone disconnecting LIO flex.
          Do you get 3V42 without charger connected?
          PM_PWRBTN_L reacts when trigger SMC_ONOFF_L?
          First be sure SMC_ONOFF_L has 3V; all tests no charger...

Comment

cant see any corrosion anywhere on this board but reflowed the smc just incase, tried without lio flex connected, i do get 3v42 without charger connected, get 3.3v at SMC_ONOFF_L and PM_PWRBTN_L does get a slight milliamp draw when i short SMC_ONOFF_L, could it be the smc is faulty somehow ???, would it be worth changing it or would it be a waste of time ???
            Last edited by laptopcity; 09-13-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

PM_PWRBTN_L should stay low all the time you press power button; or shorting R5115/16 pads.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X