820-3115 OS will not load HDD if trackpad is connected.

nate8organic

I have a 820-3115 Board. came in with no HDD. i replaced a bunch of corroded components and i got the Hdd to show up in options but it takes for ever to load and sometime will not load anything at all. i disconnected the trackpad and the OS loads right away. it doesn't even go to options just just goes straight into loading the OS with an apple logo. What on the trackpad line would hold down the Hdd from loading? i know the HDD gets power but it doesn't pull the data. ( I Have tried over 5 Hdd cables so i have factored out the cable and confirmed it is the Trackpad holding it down). Needed this out of the shop on friday so any help will be a major help. I also tried sonic cleaning it as that entire area had green on tabs.

JohnB8812

Have you tried a new trackpad and cable? Trackpad is connected to the SMBUS data lines so can definitely cause issues with boot/sensors etc.

nate8organic

Its fixed. Seems that the test rig i grabbed the keyboard cable was busted from being used so many times. i put it into another one we have and it was good.