thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-00164-A (intermittent shutdown) Solved. Just wanted to share.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnB8812
    replied
    Yep all time time.

Leave a comment:

• 820-00164-A (intermittent shutdown) Solved. Just wanted to share.

I had something I have never seen before and don't know why it failed. I wanted to share.

This board has a history of being intermittent. Came in for intermittent shutdown. I did notice some intermittent green light so I went and looked at PP3V42_G3H Noticed that I had 3.1v. After checking resistance to ground on L7905 I decided there is not a short or excessive load on this supply. Usually if I see a low voltage I jump to both sides of L7905 and if they are not the same I can see that the supply is heavily loaded. In this case high resistance to ground and no heavy load. After checking supply to U7090 I determined that it was getting great power. I figured I either have a cap here or a bad U7090. I decided to go for the U7090. U7090 fixed my problem Output went to a solid 3.42v

Just wondered if anyone has seen this in a PP3V42 supply before?

thread bottom ad

Collapse
Working...
X