820-3476 no image

JohnB8812

Yeah need to know is this no image, no backlight or no post. USB activity present? External video present? Tried known good screen? Any history liquid drop etc?

No-Clean

Sorry, I was testing this with a bad LCD, with good LCD I get folder no backlight.

Sorry for the tonto question, but is there a screen I can use to test all this boards that use the same connector, say a retina 13" on a retina 15" diferent model year? How about an Air screen on a retina board? I know this is silly to ask but I don't have many parts to test and I am curious about this.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
First check on schematic if LCD connectors have the same layout.
Second, and most important, Apple changed LCD firmware like hell; almost every year.
You can find on Internet some screen compatibility; on the forum should find something too.

JohnB8812

You can use 13 vs 15 Retina screens interchangeably for testing; HOWEVER, the 2015 is a different screen than the others. Late 2012/Early 2013, Late 2013/Mid 2014, and 2015 all different screens. MacBook Air screen will definitely not work.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Post voltage and diode mode at SCL/SDA lines of U7700.
We still pending about history fault.
Also post diode mode to ground at both pins of D7710.

No-Clean

L7720 was done, replaced it and realized
PPVOUT_S0_LCDBKLT was shorted to ground and the LCD connector was damaged, begginer mistake, that should have been the first thing I had to check, replaced that and the LCD cable as well and al is done and fix, thanks a lot gentleman.