820-00165 PP0v6_S0_DDRVTT Shorted to ground

Greg

Hi i have this board that sometimes will work at first but as soon as you turn it off it would not power on again, but i think as long as it was on it would stay on.
Anyway i had it sitting around for a while and started looking into it, i have found it in S0 state but missing PP0V6_S0_DDRVTT would this be bad U7400?
No signs of liquid damage on the board

Last edited:

Greg

Sorry yeah it?s not shorted to ground . Just lower resistance then it should be. I will check voltage tomorrow and report back thanks

Greg

2informaticos you are correct that voltage is missing, Seems somehow i overlooked that pp3v3_S0 is missing, Found it to be actually be shorted to ground, 1 ohm resistance to ground. Is it safe to inject voltage starting at 1v?

Greg

Never mind i found it on Rossman Store. Will order it and report back once replaced cheers mate

Greg

Well i just put the board into a machine and seems it has another issue now, fan spins high all the time have cahnged I/o board and cable and track pad with known working still same issue.
HWMonitor reports Heat pipe 2 and Heat pipe outgoing air 128c I have no idea what to look at as im still new to this.

Still seems to work fine though not laggy at all just fan running full spped.

Greg

Still same, i dont recall it having this issue before when it would intermittently turn on maybe i messed something up.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Should be on LIO board.
Inspect LIO connector on MLB under microscope; especially pins 11 & 13.
Check R5370/71 and post diode mode to ground on SMBUS_SMC_2_S3_SCL/SDA.

Greg

Think i found the issue, Pin 9 J9500 is missing like its been pulled out probably i was a bit rough with it.
It is PP3V3_S0 (Although the original short to ground was on that line?)

Last edited:

Greg

I wonder if i can run a wire to the I/O board? i wouldnt know where to run it though as there is no schematic

Greg

Well its finally all working now, i ran a wire to the LIO cable its a bit dodgy but hey its working. Thanks for the help much appreciated.