Replacing GPU on MacBooks

No-Clean

I know it is not very feseable this days to offer this service for a few reasons, one I understand that it is hard to find good chips and 2 there are not very many of this jobs out there, however I don't want to turn customers somewhere else and I also want to learn how to do this.

I got a zm-r5860c, I also watched LR video on how to do this and got a lot of good pointers, thanks louisrosssman

From that video I copied the profile and it was close to the one that came with the machine, I tried it on a couple of scrap boards and worked well, then came show time with a 820-00426 GPU, ran the profile once and GPU came off just fine, but... under the GPU is the GPU RAM and it is filled with nasty hard resin, those GPU chips got overflowed despite the fact that they had good tai tape covering them now I have to clean that nasty resin and reball those chips.

The above is part of learning and I am fine with it, however if someone has a few different profiles for different boards I am willing to pay for a picture of them, I can pay via PayPal.

I am not sure if what happened to me was part of running the wrong profile or those boards are destine to have that happened, either way any input will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Rework profiles are not universal.
You must adjust a profile depending of ambient temperature and particular characteristics of your machine.
Be aware, even the air flow from the room can be important.

No-Clean

Thanks, we have the machine inside a small room and there is no wind in there, temp is usually around 19-28c year around not more.