[SOLVED] Macbook Pro 2010 17" 2.66 GHz Core i7 (I7-620M) *No keyboard or Trackpad*

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate8organic

[SOLVED] Macbook Pro 2010 17" 2.66 GHz Core i7 (I7-620M) *No keyboard or Trackpad*

Took the dead board to the ultra sonic cleaner. replaced the U6650 as it was shattered when brought in. board came back to life but the Track pad and Keyboard wont work. tested with replacement keyboard & track pad. looking into the pp3v3 s4 to find a short but am pretty noob with the schematics and not sure where i should test, i tested j5713 pg 52 to probe 1715 to gnd with 1.0 ohms but i cant seem to find what ohms or vlts i should be getting. any help in the right directions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Last edited:

nate8organic

Hi duke, im getting 3.27 on both sides of the R5704 and on the c5706 im getting 3.27 on pin 1 with -0.2 on pin 2 to gnd. thinking it could be something to do with the u5701 maybe?

i tested the usb ports port 1 and 2 are good but 3 does not work. the light on the mouse never comes on. the back 2 ports the mouse will work on and move the pointer. but still no keyboard.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast! appreciate it.

nate8organic

Shit! Sorry. Yes i mean J4600. Also thanks for the fast shipping on the amtech. just got it in the mail and kicks the other crap i had out the door.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
U3700 controls USB for both port J4600 and keyboard/trackpad so if keyboard, trackpad, and J4600 USB aren't working U3700 is the common denominator. I can't see what you see so look at that area of the board and tell me if anything looks suspect.

Does anything look bad?

Is 3.3v on pin 2 of L3729?

Is 3.3v on pin 2 of L3758?

Did someone knock R3700 off the board?

nate8organic

Super!!! Found the R3791 Broken off on one pin. Re seated it and gave it a test & the keyboard and trackpad R 100%. Thanks a lot!

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
How did that happen? I've never seen that one go bad. Must be a fingernail or something. I've seen the bias one knocked off by a fingernail before since on the air boards it sits away from the others.

Glad to hear it works!

nate8organic

you know im not sure. the guy that i got it from said that he tried to change the battery and then it stopped working so my best guess is he scrapped the board with something and busted it loose it was hanging on by one pin. but it had some crap on it so i ran it through the usc and im guessing it moved the part to get the board back to life because before this i would power it on & it would show an apple logo and then the screen would just go white. i have this white screen issue on multiple computers on my shelf.

Also i just booted it up a bit later and it gave me a kernel error. i didn't catch what it said but when im running asd if it comes up again i will try and catch a photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.