Macbook Pro *No exit button on any windows & no top or bottom apple menu bars*

nate8organic

usc'd the board, everything came back to life except when running there is no exit button on any windows and there is no apple bar on the top or bottom. i have never seen anything like this or where to start. any advise is welcome specs- Late 2011 15" 2.4 GHz Core i7 (I7-2760QM)
Thanks.

nate8organic

Okay i have tried 2 known good OSX. Update- the board will power on but i get nothing on the screen now, but i see the screen gets a faint glow to it. i have tested on multiple working screens and one screen put lines down it. so i know its the board. all my hdmi to thunderbolt seem broke recently and i have one on the way so will test it to see if im getting external display soon. also i looked over the board the best i could to see if i could find anything obvious but nothing yet.

nate8organic

Right, i thought about that, but was a little thrown off by the first issue with no exit or top and bottom menu bars. I already have another 2011 thats going in for gpu replacement so i will just take this one in with that one and hope that its just the gpu. $50 risk for a $500 board seems okay to me haha. i will update after i take it in.
Thanks duke!

G.Beard

The no exit red dot thing, fucked up bars on the windows, graphical artifacts like lines, squares etc, is what happens when you have no QE/CI (quartz extreme / core image) it will not display the correct resolution and graphics do not render properly because there is no graphics acceleration. Either the kexts are not loading or you have a GPU issue.

nate8organic

The no exit red dot thing, fucked up bars on the windows, graphical artifacts like lines, squares etc, is what happens when you have no QE/CI (quartz extreme / core image) it will not display the correct resolution and graphics do not render properly because there is no graphics acceleration. Either the kexts are not loading or you have a GPU issue.

Good to know. im going with GPU issue because 2011 are prone for it. and the guy up the street at the apple cert. is in for the money.