MacBook Pro 15" A1707 (Screen water damage) eBay bait and switch.

I purchased a used A1707 on eBay and am the victim of a bait and switch. The machine was listed as dead no power.
I fixed the logic board 'which had no water damage" only to discover someone had also changed out the screen. They put a water damaged screen on it.

So now I have a perfect machine with bright white spots on the side.
I know it's the reflecting sheets..

I have never rebuilt a screen before but I have access to a unlimited supply of cracked screens for free.

1. Can I get the LCD out without breaking it and move it to a lid with good reflector sheets?
2. Can I put the screen in a vacuum chamber and get the water to release?
3. Could I possible soak the removed complete screen in alcohol or distilled water and then put in the vacuum chamber to reduce or remove the damage?

I really don't want to spend $400 on a new assembly. I want to keep it as a tester if needed.

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
Take it to Apple and try if they will replace it under the "coating" program. My local AASP takes in everything as long as it is not cracked/heavy dents.
No chance in hell you can fix this LCD.

Greg

I have been wondering is there away to mimic the flexgate no backlight? Never had to try it yet but im sure i would if i needed lol, Maybe stretch the cable manually or another way to make backlight not work without the "Genius" knowing.