A1398 820-3662-A shows orange light when battery is disconnected

elcapitan

Hello Guys, I have a macbook pro i7 that has some light water damage on it. When i connect the charger to the computer without the battery it shows me a orange light as if its charging. It doesnt boot. Im assuming there is a problem with the current sensing. During visual inspection I was able to find some unhealthy components near the ISL95870. I did a beep test on both sides of this capacitor and it beeped to ground. The resistanc eof the resistor that apears besides that cap is 10.7Ohms. I have also reballed this ic since some pads were corroded. I would love to measure my main power rails and troubleshoot it a bit more but i dont have the brd and schematic for this board. Can anyone share or enlighten me? Thanks

Attachments

• photo511.jpg
    photo511.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo512.jpg
    photo512.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 0

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Airs and retinas always have orange light with battery disconnected. What is wrong with it, is it not charging, not seeing a battery, or is it working fine? This is normal behavior.

elcapitan

Ohh good to know. I didnt know that. Atm the macbool doesnt turn on at all when u press the power button. I already tried a nw top case.