Remote management Issue

Dewanbd

This is Macbook pro 15 2015 , when trying to install OSX shows remote management issue. When cancel it keep going install osx.
But still shows me Remote management popup , Do you know how to stiop it for ever.Thanks.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like your machine was enrolled into Device Enrollment Program previously.
I hope it is not stolen, be aware.

If you are sure it is legit, problem could be solved flashimg the BIOS I suppose...

Dewanbd

I am sure this is not stolen i bought it as auction lot. Can i use same model good bios for flashing it?? I have attached the picture.

Attachments

• Remote management.jpg
    Remote management.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1

PJs

Did you try installing macOS from flash drive and not connecting to internet until it's fully installed with user account set? Laptops bought from larger companies often do this to me, but reinstall without internet connection always solve this unless it really is stolen. Do not connect to wifi when macOS ask you in the end of installation, just skip that step.

Dewanbd

PJS thanks for your reply. I also solve the problem like this what you said but the problem is when the customer need to reinstall the osx again it comes up. Thats why i am looking for permanent solution. Thanks again.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You can try new BIOS, like is done for non-working machine.
However we do not support this and did not even test somethink like that.
You can upload your backup (not here) and see if any correction is possible...

SMMRepair

This is all kinds of shady. If the laptop is not stolen, all you have to do is call up Epsilon and explain that you purchased a decommissioned laptop from an eCycler that is still tied to their Remote Management account. This is ALL based on serial number, so you aren't going to bypass it by reinstalling MacOS...that's a bad suggestion. Anytime the unit ever connects to the internet, Apple's RM servers will identify it and allow Epsilon to control/lock/erase/whatever the unit.

Call them up, and if they say they forgot to remove it, they should be able to do it for you very quickly. If they say the unit was stolen, then you're SOL, and you should use for parts or ask if they want it back.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Get Medusa programmer for Apple jobs.
You don't need to remove SPI chip; only for some old models.

Uploaded file is trash.
Please read the chip correctly.
If your programmer doesn't recognize it, manually choose W25Q64B model and read again.
Don't forget to verify the reading!