820-00165-A NO Green light MacBook Air A1466

zockysworkshop

It is small water damage in the U7090 area. C7094 was missing i put another cap im getting PP3V42_G3H also SMC_BC_ACOK is present and SMC_RESET_L is 3.3v i think all signals are present for the computer to get green light bu i don't have green light. At some point while C7094 was missing i got green light but board wouldn't turn on after i put the C7094 i lost the green light also the Voltage that im getting is 7.3V that's P3V42G3H_BOOST, also the via for P3V42G3H_BOOST was damaged from pin 3 of U7090 to pin 1 of C7094. Any ideas???

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
1) If the via from pin 3 of U7090 to pin 1 of C7094 was damaged, I hope to god you fixed it before posting this. If something is broken, FIX IT!!! If it isn't fixed, do not pass go, you know what to do..

2) How shitty do pins 1, 19, and 21 look on J9500?

3) How shitty does the flex cable between the dc in board and the logic board look?

4) Have you tried a known working DC in board & known good 821-1722 flex cable?

Look at what U6901 and U6900 look like on any A1278 from 2010-present or any A1286 from 2010 to the present... now look at the air dc in board. Notice how it uses the same onewire circuit? You can measure on the dc in board and see if PP3V42_G3H and SMC_BC_ACOK are making their way over to the dc in board like they should be.

zockysworkshop

All areas on the board are super clean just around U7090, so i just plug the same charger to my 15 inch macbook pro retina display and when i got green light i plug back to the board im working on and i get also green light but computer doesn't power if i plug the charger in my retina macbook and get orange light when i plug back to the air is stays orange but no fan spin

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
This is cheating, you should have light on the charger just plugging it into the air! Answer my questions.

zockysworkshop

PP5V_S5 is missing i check U7501 i have voltage only on Pin 23 VIN that's PPBUS_S5_HS_OTHER_ISNS and pin 22 P5VP3V3_VREG3 the enable signals on pins 12, 21 and 4 they are all missing and that leads me to the SMC am I right ?

zockysworkshop

PP5V_S5 is missing i check U7501 i have voltage only on Pin 23 VIN that's PPBUS_S5_HS_OTHER_ISNS and pin 22 P5VP3V3_VREG3 the enable signals on pins 12, 21 and 4 they are all missing and that leads me to the SMC am I right ?

zockysworkshop

Pins 1, 19 and 21 are perfect
i have 3 flex cable between the dc in board and the logic board known to work
i've tried a known working DC in board & known good 821-1722 flex cable
Thanks for the advice to compare the 1278 boards makes a lot of sense if you watch the old schematics

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
SMC_PM_G2_EN is required for PP5V_S5 and this does come from the SMC.

You still haven't answered my questions from my first post in this thread. I can't help you if you can't answer me. PP3V42_G3H ripple can kill the SMC but I am not jumping to this conclusion based on not having any information. Give me the information I asked for!!

zockysworkshop

the damaged via is fixed that's the first thing i did
Pins 1, 19 and 21 are perfect
i have 3 flex cable between the dc in board and the logic board known to work
i've tried a known working DC in board & known good 821-1722 flex cable
Thanks for the advice to compare the 1278 boards makes a lot of sense if you watch the old schematics

zockysworkshop

I removed the filling around the SMC and i reflow the SMC that solve my problem thank you for your help Louis i appritiate it .