unable to enrol Touch ID

MOMOH

Good day guys, have got an 820-00923 with a faulty Touch Bar strip , so I replaced it with a new one , and it works great, but the client brought it back that the Touch ID stopped working. I try to reconnect the cable just to be sure . but no changes, the option is not even present in system preferences, so I decide to completely reinstall macOS, but still no changes. please help guys, I neither know what I did wrong that could have caused it or what to do to resolve it , since I can not even replace the cable because of it being tied to the board

MOMOH

I didn't have the clients details, I used a test drive and I did not test the Touch ID , the machine is not liquid damage. I didn't think it would be a problem.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Liquid sign on Touch ID?
If I correctly remember, a forum member posted a link with some videos about recovering a Touch ID affected by liquid.
Use the search function...

MOMOH

I found the issue , but it looks like am screwed . R4953 was knocked off, now the pad was completely ripped off , I don't know if I will find something if I dig, I fear not to damage something else , there's no TP anywhere except under U3900. If I don't resolve this , the owner might ask for another machine, even though I done know how the resistor was knocked. please advice