820-3476 display problem

Yoel Ren

so I have this dead macbook, i reball the smc and solve the no ssd problem, there's image, there's backlight, then apple logo, but loading is a bit slow, when it got to dekstop, the ui is all smaller, when i check about this mac
graphics : 15 mb ,( instead of intel iris something )
when I check display tab, it says 42 inch 2560x1600, does this mean the internal display's information isn't read correctly or ? I have searched for similar problem but doesnt found any.., I have tried cleaning me and reflash bios

Yoel Ren

Everything is smaller, its like when you use 4k monitor, but the ui is sharper but smaller..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Did you try known good compatible LCD?
What about external video?
Is SMC the original from the board?

Yoel Ren

Yeah already with other known good lcd still same, smc still original, i just reflowed it, wait i will check for external

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Still the same on external?
Disconnect internal LCD, when test it.

Was the image correct, before reballing SMC?
Check voltages and diode mode at R5350/51, pin 2.
Also check DP_INT_AUX data lines.

Yoel Ren

Solved : i think I accidentally shuffled some smc, because of messy table, change smc with another 820-3476 and display works fine now

Yoel Ren

Just for info, i have tried 820-00138 with wrong smc from macbook air or 13inch pro retina's smc, the board will have varying reaction, some will boot up with display problem, some will just have blank screen.. But keyboard backlit is on