820-00875 no keyboard or trackpad

No-Clean

Clean board and clean keyboard

My first questions are:

Can the keyboard if it is good work while the trackpad is disconnected?
How about if the keyboard is disconnected will the trackpad work?

Now the keyboard voltages are all present, but even with a new keyboard I tested keyboard doesn't work.

As far as the trackpad I have only tested the fuse F4800 but I don't know where to go from here.

Aside note: I don't know anything about troubleshooting keyboards with my limited experience and in the past 2 weeks I have gotten 4 totally different model MacBook with keyboard/trackpad issues LoL, Im trying to learn how to fix this problems, but I cannot yet figure out a good guide to do so.

No-Clean

Ok we got in another one of these and I did some test:

The keyboard WONT work if the trackpad is disconnected!
The trackpad works if the keyboard is disconnected

In this case a new trackpad will solve the probem, but I am in the process of trying to fix the current one as it seems to have a short.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
As per schematic, KB is connected with TP.
The KB information is reencrypted into TP circuitry and send to PCH via SPI.
So no way to get working KB, if TP is not good.
You should try known good TP board/flex.

No-Clean

Thanks, I got rid of the short on the trackpad but still did not work, I put a new trackpad and it is working perfect now, I need to do some more learning on understanding schematics, I did find the page and from there did some measurements but I still have a lot more to learn.

Funny thing is right after my last post I got another one with no trackpad and keyboard only this time I was able to fix it with your help from a few post ago, this other one was a 820-00165.

Gracias!