820-00138a no green light

Yoel Ren

I have this 820-00138a, which came in, if I use fake charger, it can have green light but disappear and reappear every few second, i have tried replacing q7180 and with known good from my own board, i have replaced r7180, r7185 with correct value (100k and 470k)
I have replaced f7005, and q7010 too.., i have 0.474 volt on f7005 when original magsage 85w plugged in..

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
What happens with PPBUS_G3H and 3V42_G3H with fake charger?
Check for short on all secondary coils.
Also check output voltages from pages 64/66.

Did you try to start in SMC bypass mode?

Yoel Ren

Actually there was a short on ppbus, but i thought that ppbus doesnt have anything to do with pp3v42 or green light is it?

Yoel Ren

Damn i feel scared to usd fake charger again, because it has blewed 5 of my dcin.. Doesnt turn on with smc bypass

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Fake charger shouldn't blow things if is properly connected.
If you connect it a bit angled, then you can fry SMC, be aware.
Another option is work with becch power supply, but put it on ONLY after cable has been connected to the board.

You can diagnose board problems, as fake charger and bench power supply will still supply nominal voltage, when leakage present on input stage.

Did you try another DCIN board?

Yoel Ren

Okay, so when i measure some caps, i found that ppdcin_chrgr is shorted to ground, I have remove q7080 and q7010 but still shorted, I see that this line is connected somewhere else.., can i inject here?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
None of Q7010/7180 has contact with ground; how can generate a short???

So you have short on PPBUS_G3H too; means Q7130 is shorted!
Which is the exact value of the short?
Compare it with all big coils to ground.
Very likely shorted high-side MOSFET from a secondary power supply; already explained on the forum how to find it.

Yoel Ren

removing q7135 remove all the short.. do i need to replace anything else in one go maybe ? can i use mosfet from 820-3437 / 820-3476 maybe ? or can I use another q7130 to q7135 place from same board ?

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
So both Q7130/35 shorted?
Better to change U7100 too.
And be sure C7125 is there and good.
You can remove the MOSFETs from other MacBook board; just be sure Q7135 has embeded Schottky diode.

Yoel Ren

i got orange light now, cpu is warm, but no fan spin.., no usb activity too..
I got 20v on ppbus_g3h, is it normal ? should be 12.6 right?
i got pp5v_s5 and pp3v3_s5

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I already posted few times about galaxyelectronics2015 ebay seller.
His Skype contact is also on the forum.
Write him directly, as he has lot of unlisted boards.
You can get better price outside eBay, for bulk buy...

Yoel Ren

Hi, this board came in with another problem : sometimes it chimes, sometimes it doesnt, if it does chimes, the apple logo will take forever to boot.., is this fdmf problem? Any source of trusted seller other than mouser/digikey? Because they quote i must buy 2000 chip at once, and i cannot afford it..

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Not true, I joust bought 30 from mouser Spain.
In fact I bought 2 times 30 pieces in 3 days.
Actually they don't have more than 600 I think.
I know someone who bought last 76 pieces from digikey Australia.