macbook pro 820-4924-a dead green and orange light on,no fan.

yair37

hello, i have Macbook pro 820-4924-a that come dead..no water damage, its said that after he connect the mac to projector with HDMI its start to make problem, and after few days it was dead..
i was notice that PP5V_S3 5V sometimes have and sometimes disappear...i was replace also the charging connector and the same...any idea?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Do you get 3V3_SUS?
Post PM_BATLOW_L, PM_RSMRST_L and PM_DSW_PWRGD and PCH_DSWVRMEN.
Trigger SMC_ONOFF_L and check for drop pulse at PM_PWRBTN_L.
Did you try to start in SMC bypass mode?

yair37

3V3_SUS - 3.2V
PM_BATLOW_L - 0V( R1410- ONE SIDE 3.4V FROM 3V3_S5)
PM_RSMRST_L - 3V
PM_DSW_PWRGD - 3.4V
PCH_DSWVRMEN - 2.4V
SMC_ONOFF_L - 3.4V
PM_PWRBTN_L - 3.4V stable

i was try SMC baypass dont do nothing..

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"PM_BATLOW_L - 0V"
PCH cannot start power on sequence in this mode.
Do you have original Magsafe 2 60/85W charger???

yair37

small update.. i was try SMC Baypass again, it didn't succeed, but suddenly the fan start working full speed for 5 second and stop until i push the power button again...i was doing that just if i play with the battery and the charger with the power button on and off...

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"Post PM_BATLOW_L, PM_RSMRST_L and PM_DSW_PWRGD and PCH_DSWVRMEN.
Trigger SMC_ONOFF_L and check for drop pulse at PM_PWRBTN_L."
???

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
O-scope helps to catch fast pulses, not needed here.
Multimeter is good enough to see pulsing, or not...

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Use R5115/16 power pads, instead of power button.
A simple wire to pull SMC_ONOFF_L to ground; just a temporary contact, of course.
Check signals reaction at same time...

yair37

update...when i was try to check pulses after short the SMC_ONOFF_L to ground, the voltage of PM_PWRBTN_L was 0v without the pulses...after i was disconnect the wire, the fan start , i was put the board back and its turn on,with just charger there is the chaim sound turn on but no fan, just after few min', with battery the fan start immediately, i was connect all the wires and i was notice that the Touchpad is short, and it didnt turn on again, i was play with reset smc and wait for few min' and it was turn on again with different Touchpad wire...no its stop to turn on again...and dont respond to nothing...i know that if i will play with the board again it will turn on again....i really dont know why...any idea? with reset SMC the fan full speed for 5 sec and dead. can the TouchPad do it?

yair37

And what can be the reason that it sometimes working and sometimes not? And if i do restart it doesn't turn in, its sound like something from the on/off command

yair37

No yet, but can it be the solution? I can work with it fine...restart and on/off but if its off for more then 10 min +- its hard to turn it on...need few minutes trying until it turns on