820-3437 All S5 no S0 and S0 enables

G.Beard

820-3437 No power

History
Liquid damage.

Replaced all visible and some no visaully bad components. Everything looks good now, been around this schematic a few times now going in circles.

Meassurements
3V42 good
PPBUS_G3H
All S5 rails are good.
No S0 enables
No signal to U8180

Last edited:

G.Beard

Ok, it's spinning up now but only stays on for a moment sometimes... Other times it revs right up and stays on. I'll see if I can get it to ASD

G.Beard

3437 will cycle on/off 3 times before it will actually boot.

Yes I know. I'm talking about after POST. Sorry, just looked at what I wrote again and it does come over like I didn't know that but fear not, i'm only actually half moron :)
I do at least have it spinning up now but no chime and no backlight or image so I'll deal with that next. The problem was (and always is from this place) some F* div tech does not fix the problem and adds to it by soldering the wrong value resistors decades above or below what is ment to be there so I end up spending ages removing mistakes.

They all come from a "refurb center" that seems to do more DE-furb than refurb

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
Use a USB mouse to check for USB initialization, if it lights up it is a good indicator the board is working. Also CPU Vcore must of course first be there.

G.Beard

Ok thanks I will try plug in a mouse and check for light. Will check vcore too. will fan ever spin up without all vcore rails?