820-3115-B rare symptoms.

willie

Hi I have a 820-3115-B with a number of problems.
1. Do not turn on only 1 time pressing the power button, touch let sustained 6 seconds to turn pro macbook.
2. You can not enter that state S3 is turned off, touch again let sustained 6 seconds to turn power button.
3. THE ASD brings me 9 errors. These can cause the above problems?
Annex photos of the reports of ASD. Thank you.

Attachments

• photo600.JPG
    photo600.JPG
    556.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo601.JPG
    photo601.JPG
    465.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

willie

Check AVREF_SMC voltage. Was this liquid damage?

PP3V3_S5_AVREF_SMC = 0.07v on C4920

I do not see traces of moisture or sulphate
NOTE: Only turn on with the battery connected. I went to measure care AVREF_SMC is behind the board, trying to turn the power pad note that ignites only if, if the battery is connected.

willie

No Title

AVREF should be 3.3V! So U5010 is bad or one of the 4 capacitors on the bus is leaky and pulling it down.
Certeinly C5025 had a short. Multimeter showed a resistence to GND 0.02Ohms. I extracted the C5025 and the shorte disappeared, so the MacBook Pro turned on. I did the ADS and the error sensors desappeared, it's all OK. Then, the machine was turned on and working, but 20 minutes later the computer turned off, just by itself. Now i have green light on the magsafe AC, but it doesn't turn on. The voltage is missing in U6100 pin 3 and 8 =PP3V3_SUS_ROM . When i try to turn it on, the fan has a little little movement but the machine doesn't turn on.

Attachments

• photo603.jpg
    photo603.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 0

willie

I think if it was liquid but long ago! I do not see traces of moisture, C5025 I drew was something sulfated on pin 1, but have inspected well the board and see no sulfate or something stranger.