[SOLVED] 820-2879-B power on but just beep every 5 seg, no chime, video, green light

Status
Not open for further replies.

totosql

[SOLVED] 820-2879-B power on but just beep every 5 seg, no chime, video, green light

Hi I got this one today water damage (cofe juice)who know, no green light, check I have short to ground in F7040 fuse out, apply 12v to short side, u7000 got hot remplace, short gone green light up, ppbus_g3h up, fan spin nice and clean and finger lol the shit turn on but video no crime no nothing just beep every 5 seg like memory error I check u7300 is no hot able to read 0.75 and 1.5v for memory check cpu vcore 1.15v mpc vcore 0.89 and I m freezzz lol any idea thank you

aprendiz

Measure resistance to ground on L6995 and diode mode red probe to ground and black probe on each pin from Y2815..... Report values....

totosql

red probe to ground .320 black probe to ground .770 both side l9695

pin1 .847
pin2 open
pin3 .783
pin4 open
y2815 red probe to ground

Last edited:

totosql

one beep every 5 seg until shut down or manual turn off, I changed the c6990 because look funny after that turn on the screen one time no crime after that same beep again

I check the u6990 and got

pin1 1.26v
pin2 3.40v
pin3 7.06
pin4 3.42
pin5 gnd
pin6 18.73
pin7 nc
pin8 18.73

Last edited:

totosql

Ok well I was able to fix tha problem the beep ram was the MEM_RESET_L 1k res was open. no more beep they pick up the memory. and now I have white screen no chime any help whit this

I will start to check the cpu vcore rail to see if a got something

totosql

I did other step I was checking the cpu vcore and I check some res around look ok next to it was u6100 I start check some res around and walla r6153 10k res was open I changed boom I have logo Cooll

totosql

turn on login the os this one has the capitan and is fell some lag I wanna do hardware test can you help me whit that thank you this thing work's but no crime : )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.