820-3115, Powers off when J3501 connected.

SMMRepair

Board works fine with WiFi cable unplugged (from J3501), and also works fine when WiFi cable is connected IF U3540 is removed. Everything else works well, no issues in ASD. Replaced with known-good U3540 (before I realized that ANY U3540 being in place caused it to turn off), and no dice. No liquid damage, board simply began powering off during boot-up one day (according to previous tech notes).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

SMMRepair

Replaced Q3550 with no change.

Bumping, hoping maybe Louis has any other suggestions? I can't find anything amiss in my measurements or testing.

dukefawks

Administrator
It really doesn't leave much else. I don't see how it can shut down the system through the PCI-E lines though....

SMMRepair

Yeah, I'm out of ideas. I even replaced the connector just now to be absolutely sure it wasn't causing issues. No change. Does the fact that the board works fine with U3540 removed just mean that it's definitely the power for APT that's causing the issue?

I might abandon this one. If anyone can solve it, I'll pay you $30.00 through PayPal. ;)

dukefawks

Administrator
I'm out of ideas for this one as well. You could try and replace the caps/coils in the data/clock lines as a last resort.