820-3115 No Display and Missing LCD_IG_PWR_EN = LVDS_IG_PANEL_PWR on U9000

rany

HISTORY: board previously worked on, fucked-up connector, shorted back-light circuit, PPVOUT_SW_LCDBKLT also shorted to ground.

PROBLEM: no display, but have display on external screen.
Cleared short on backlight, got backlight but no display. Replaced connector, lost back-light, going to trouble shoot it again tomorrow.
AND the connector has same # of pins but different anchors, worked before. Is it a problem?

U9000 was nicked, I replaced it. Then tested and found 3.33V on PINS 2,3; 0V on PIN 1 = LCD_IG_PWR_EN = LVDS_IG_PANEL_PWR = L_VDD_EN (out) from U1800; 0V on remaining PINS of U9000.

First (dumb question): display must be connected to get this voltage, like for backlight? I tried two displays, but not sure I have a known good anymore and getting new one tomorrow. Asking to buy time till I get the new display.

Two, PP3V3_S5 is 360 OHM to ground, and donor board is giving me more than 2K. Is this a problem or part of my problem?

Three, U1800 needs an input somewhere to output L_VDD_EN?

Four: any usual suspects when we have no display on this model?

ALSO, I tried searching for previous posts, but got 0 results. Is the search engine down?

TIA!

dukefawks

Administrator
Yes LCD must be connected for any of this to work. Check for 3V on C9010 and check if LCD connector is properly soldered, need data connection on pins 6/7 for LCD recognition.
You are using the 2012 connector and not 2011 and older?

rany

You are using the 2012 connector and not 2011 and older?
Older is what I have on hand. It is properly soldered. Otherwise I can harvest a 2012 connector. New ones need 1 more week.

Will measure everything else tomorrow with known good display and report back.