thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

Where to buy 216-0810005 HD6750 chipset,the REAL deal or at least can work....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy 216-0810005 HD6750 chipset,the REAL deal or at least can work....

As we know the extended warranty for the 2011 GPU issue will end soon. I can imagine a lot of machines will need the GPU replacement service from us soon.
    not a big deal doing the BGA for this model since we did a lot already, but the real headache is the chipset...

well I know what you guys will say ,we will never get the change to get the new ones....but how about working ones at least.any recommendation?
    it's strange that even we know they are not real NEW, some models, like G84-603, 216-0752001,they all work fine at least.

but for this 6750 chipsets, just too many problems , so many returns...

SEE has them listed on Ebay for about $50. If you get what is pictures it should be a good chip. I have no issues with returns on these really.

Comment

really? I bought like 30 from them, usually like 85% would work , 15% will either return or have same distortion after replacement.
      so you get them from SEE and all GPU replacements didn't come back?

Comment

No issues, you are screwing something up. Also no idea why you are replacing these, you should have Apple sort it out till the end of this year.

Glue from VRAM must be removed and I reball all chips with leaded balls to not stress the board too much when putting it on.

Comment

got you, I think most likely has something to do with the temp,I usually just solder the new chipset on directly without reballing with leaded balls. must be the temp was too high and affect the VRAM.i will try with reballing
          thanks

Comment

Also always remove the glue around the VRAM and make sure it is not stuck under it.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X