Where to buy 216-0810005 HD6750 chipset,the REAL deal or at least can work....

roy.ruan

As we know the extended warranty for the 2011 GPU issue will end soon. I can imagine a lot of machines will need the GPU replacement service from us soon.
not a big deal doing the BGA for this model since we did a lot already, but the real headache is the chipset...

well I know what you guys will say ,we will never get the change to get the new ones....but how about working ones at least.any recommendation?
it's strange that even we know they are not real NEW, some models, like G84-603, 216-0752001,they all work fine at least.

but for this 6750 chipsets, just too many problems , so many returns...

dukefawks

Administrator
SEE has them listed on Ebay for about $50. If you get what is pictures it should be a good chip. I have no issues with returns on these really.

roy.ruan

really? I bought like 30 from them, usually like 85% would work , 15% will either return or have same distortion after replacement.
so you get them from SEE and all GPU replacements didn't come back?

dukefawks

Administrator
No issues, you are screwing something up. Also no idea why you are replacing these, you should have Apple sort it out till the end of this year.

Glue from VRAM must be removed and I reball all chips with leaded balls to not stress the board too much when putting it on.

roy.ruan

got you, I think most likely has something to do with the temp,I usually just solder the new chipset on directly without reballing with leaded balls. must be the temp was too high and affect the VRAM.i will try with reballing
thanks