iPad Air glass, adhesive help.

Alan.L

hello,

i bought a ipad air oem glass with black pre-adhesive installed. do i use their tape or use my own tesa 4965. which i used for many macbook glass repairs. or can i combine tesa 4965 with the ipad pre-installed tape?

thanks

Attachments

• photo815.jpg
    photo815.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 0

Modder1

I use it in combination, I have bad luck with the stock. If I don't use both I tear off the adhesive it comes with.

Alan.L

hi modder1. what tapes do you use? i have 3M core 9080 tape and tesa 4965 red tape. i worry if i combine tesa and stock tape it might be too thick.

Modder1

I use the tesfa red tape myself in combination with the stock, it doesn't seem too thick on air or mini or 1,2,3,4th gen full size.
For me no matter how clean the ipad is the stock just doesn't stick even just sitting on the shelf waiting for pickup. Too many pop ups with the stock stuff.

Repairable

use the original tape, if you heat up the tape and put the iPad in clams it should work perfect.
if not i ad a tiny drop of Bison max repair on each corner, just a tiny drop. and i never get any ipad glas back for comming off.

hi,
you can also try using adhesive industrial strength glue b-7000 , we have used it on many ipads , without worrying about any tape . just fill it in with the glue . easily removable when its dry aswell , do check it out.

Alan.L

hi,
you can also try using adhesive industrial strength glue b-7000 , we have used it on many ipads , without worrying about any tape . just fill it in with the glue . easily removable when its dry aswell , do check it out.

i do have that glue. which i used for iphone 4s and iphone 5 screen frames back in the old days lol. red tape and stock tapes from the glass is working well for me.

i've just ordered tesa 61395 tapes from https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/T...pe/IF317-072-1. Apparently OEM phone and tablet manufacturers use these tape.

peterfixit

i use a combination, the glue on the replacement t/s, the red double sided tape from ebay and b-7000 glue from ebay