FX 951 tips

Nick

I am planning to upgrade to a Hakko basic station, the fx951 and get the FM-2032 micro soldering pencil with a blade tip, but for the main normal pencil, what tips should i get? there are tons of the T15 series out there and i don't really know which ones are useful, i suaully only use a normal tip, a blade tipe one and a conical. which are the best T15 tips for our kind of soldering? Thank you

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
BCM2, T15-JS02 do me well for wicking & general soldering. Also the T30-KN for the FM-2032.

peterfixit

hi nick, i use the T12-bmc2 and it is great for everything, it has an indent on the end that holds the solder inside, it is so awesome, I have the DL08 that ive never used and the T12-Js02 which I use most of the time
for the 2032 I use the T30-J and the T20-KN
I would suggest the hot tweezers although you will be spending $500-$800 more depending on where you are :)

Nick

I would suggest the hot tweezers although you will be spending $500-$800 more depending on where you are :)

Italy mate. i wanted the hot tweezers but here they are much more... in the future i will get them and the nitrogen, but for now noope :) Thank you for your advice on the tips!