Ultrasonic cleaner

Nick

Hello guys, I recently added an ultrasonic cleaner to my tools aftr my first water damaged MacBook and it worked fine, now I have a bit of a problem, a dead friend of mine has an expensive gaming laptop, accidentally they dropped nutrition fluid on it (he can't eat for his disease) now this thing is thick as fuck and it doesn't want to go away.. what should I do to clean this motherboard?

also what are the correct settings in time and temperature and what is the best way to dry boards after the bath?

thank you

peterfixit

I run my cleaner at 70c and iphone and macbook boards get 5 minutes, other stuff gets 10 minutes and donor boards from aliexpress get 15 minutes
once they come out of the cleaner soak them in 99% isopropyl alcohol then move them around in the alcohol try to get it everywhere
after that hang it out to dry, I leave everything out overnight to make sure its all dry

Nick

never ever leave a board in there all day, the top layer delaminates and falls off leaving exposed ground everywhere

nah it was more like 15, 20 mins maximum. still too much apparently, but that shit didn't want to come off... at least it is working now... MSI didn't even want to take a look at it, for this guy his laptop is the only way to comunicate with the external world and they pretty much said fuck you we don't fix this for liquid damage. on a 3kE gaming laptop. I digress.. thank you again!