Where to Order Parts

macitech

Hi
I have a MacBook Air 1466 EMC 2632 customer spilled beer on it and fried the Trackpad/Keyboard cable connector. Part has much plastic so I assume I can't remove it without melting the plastic.
Where can I order the logic board trackpad connector from?
Thanks

dukefawks

Administrator
Nowhere. Either take it from a scrap board or from a dead trackpad, use bottom heat. The connector really being bad is rare! Give it a good clean and replace the flat cable.

dukefawks

Administrator
Toothbrush and some soft scrub will do the job just fine. Don't touch the connector unless you can visually see a burned pin. I think I only replaced it once in my life. Measure voltages on pin 10, 14, 19 too, they are the most common to corrode.

macitech

Hi Duke,
I cleaned the connector w scrubbing bubble and checked the connections. All checkout.
I had to order a cable from logic board to trackpad from my Apple Authorized Guy using serial number but numbers are as follows.
Original one 593-1604-B 14.05.19
New one 593-1604-B 16.11.30
You think this might be the problem?
Thanks

SMMRepair

No...those are just date codes. Make sure all pins are still well connected to the pads. Can have continuity and still be causing issues there, but it doesn't look too bad. Make sure to look INTO the connector to make sure no pins are bent down and not making contact with cable, etc.

macitech

FYI Update
I changed out the top case but keep the same trackpad cause liquid spill. Ends up Top can was not compatible.DA
Thanks for your help Duke!!!!!