No announcement yet.

216-0811000 replacement - Substitutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 216-0811000 replacement - Substitutes?

Hi dudes.

I been looking for 216-0811000 chips and all I can find are "refurbished" chips. I'm wondering if these chips are actually refurbished - as in the die is removed and then re-bonded to the substrate - does anybody know?

Is it possible to replace with 216-0810001 or any other chip?

I have made some posts with solution on the netkas forums.

Comment

Originally posted by dukefawks View Post
      I have made some posts with solution on the netkas forums.
      Awesome. Reading, thanks!
      Last edited by G.Beard; 04-05-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Ooh right.........
        Last edited by G.Beard; 04-05-2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

I have another update to the VBIOS for the later 2011 cards with 1GB. Still getting 079800x chips is another issue......At least there is a better chance that reballed chips won't be dead cause they are desktop GPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by dukefawks View Post
            I have another update to the VBIOS for the later 2011 cards with 1GB. Still getting 079800x chips is another issue......At least there is a better chance that reballed chips won't be dead cause they are desktop GPUs.
            Yeah I searched for, but only found used chips on eBay but some new chips on other sites along with "re-ball tested" chips with about a 10USD difference. But they only have a volume discount table for the used ones. Hmm.

Your last post with the 079800x folder with 1GB and 2GB fix ROM... You have updated 1GB VBIOS further still?

Comment

All the ones that were advertised as "new" that I got were reballed. I did get a few new ones from my trusted seller. I believe ic-chipset had 2016 ones at some point, ask them. I will post a VBIOS update at some point when I get to it.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X