Ultrasonic Cleaner Review Sharpertek Made in the USA

iambehr

Hello,

Since everyone is talking about getting a Crest or a Branson ultrasonic cleaner, I thought I'd put up a review of the one I have.
It's a Sharpertek XPS-120-3L, seen here: http://www.sharpertek.com/ultrasonic-cleaner-sh100-3l.html

It has a 3L tank, a wire mesh basket for holding parts, and all stainless steel construction. I can verify that it is a decent grade stainless steel as it has not corroded or rusted despite there being some pretty corrosive chemicals on/in the unit.

It has a variable thermostat controlled heater that goes up to 70C (I think). It does take a bit to reach full temp, perhaps 1-1.5 hours, but after that it will hold temp with or without the included lid on it.

There is a degas function, a normal 40,000 hertz cleaning function, and a variable sweep frequency function. There is no stated frequency range for the sweep frequency, but I can audibly hear in the resonant frequencies that the ultrasonic frequency is changing, and I have been able to verify that it eliminates "dead spots" as far as cleaning a logic board goes.

I started with one of the $100 chinese crap grade ultrasonic cleaners that crapped out on me twice, and this is a significant improvement here (as there should be). This cleaner feels like a commercial grade bit of hardware instead of a "toy".

I use Branson EC cleaner, and since switching to this cleaner I have had almost 100% success in repairing boards, up from about 50-80%, and I fully believe it is due to better cleaning performance.

The control panel is a capacitive touch button assembly, and takes a bit to get used to. However it works perfectly, and there are no membrane buttons to break or leak or otherwise go bad. The screen is bright and easy to read.

All in all, I think this a great value at the price it is offered at. It is the perfect size to fit apple logic boards, and cleans very well. I have spotless boards and no complaints.
Additionally, this unit states it is made in the USA, and it comes with a 2 year warranty.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• photo1062.jpg
    photo1062.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo1064.jpg
    photo1064.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • photo1063.jpg
    photo1063.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • photo1065.jpg