thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you like openboardview more than landrex testlink..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by G.Beard View Post

    So what to do with macOS flexBV... Can we download it soon?
    For macOS, download and unpack this, then run the FlexBV app;

    http://pldaniels.com/flexbv/beta/FlexBV-R785-macos.zip
    FlexBV - http://pldaniels.com/flexbv

    Comment


    • #17
      New feature being worked on. The core is done, now it's a case of suitably expanding it and working out the best way to make it work on single and multiuser situations.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hDZsy3SmqU
      FlexBV - http://pldaniels.com/flexbv

      Comment


      • #18
        no love for the older osx?


        Comment


        • #19
          I'll have a look in to that. The build system is supposed to be building for at least as far back as 10.11 iirc. Thanks.
          FlexBV - http://pldaniels.com/flexbv

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Alan.L View Post
            no love for the older osx?


            Have a try with http://pldaniels.com/flexbv/beta/FlexBV-796-macos.zip
            FlexBV - http://pldaniels.com/flexbv

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Paul Daniels View Post
              Err, what's a TXN_ID?
              I have paid, did not get an email with instructions, only the PayPal invoice.......
              Last edited by G.Beard; 07-22-2018, 07:29 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by G.Beard View Post

                Err, what's a TXN_ID?
                I have paid, did not get an email with instructions, only the PayPal invoice.......
                What was your email address ? Can you send me an email to [email protected] ?
                FlexBV - http://pldaniels.com/flexbv

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Paul Daniels View Post

                  What was your email address ? Can you send me an email to [email protected] ?
                  FlexBV for macOS is AWESOME..... So excited.
                  IMG_0508.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Now -that's- the sort of setup I need to get myself. I keep finding 2 screens is just not enough.
                    FlexBV - http://pldaniels.com/flexbv

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Paul Daniels View Post
                      Now -that's- the sort of setup I need to get myself. I keep finding 2 screens is just not enough.
                      Eizo EV2450 monitors are £130 on eBay at the moment refurbished. IPS panels, light sensor, you can set them all the same with an XML. Only 1080p but really nice monitors.


                      Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 16.32.27.png

                      . Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 16.32.27.png

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        The upcoming feature to record past and current projects looks great Paul, just what I'd use. Your setup is sweet G.Beard. I'll take both the software and the setup, along with a stack of boards to repair.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Atomrepair View Post
                          The upcoming feature to record past and current projects looks great Paul, just what I'd use. Your setup is sweet G.Beard. I'll take both the software and the setup, along with a stack of boards to repair.
                          Been working on that a bit more today. Have to iron out the kinks as much as I can before I do the initial realise. Need to restructure the filesystem layout a bit. Easy to create the scaffolding of features quick enough, a lot more work to flesh it out and try making them robust (Rossmann robust )
                          FlexBV - http://pldaniels.com/flexbv

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Paul Daniels View Post

                            Been working on that a bit more today. Have to iron out the kinks as much as I can before I do the initial realise. Need to restructure the filesystem layout a bit. Easy to create the scaffolding of features quick enough, a lot more work to flesh it out and try making them robust (Rossmann robust )
                            So, where will job files be stored? can we put them in a chosen dir and maybe import/export them to another work station?... Now THAT would be fucking sweeet

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Depending on the system, they'd normally be stored in the user-data-dir (linux,macOS and Windows all have their own idea of what's best there). By -default- I'd just utilise that folder but I can give people the option to set it to another folder of choice, of which could be on a shared folder/drive. In order to minimise corruption risks from access contention or race conditions, I'll likely make it so that there is an index database and each job will be its own separate database. At least with SQLite3 files the overheads are quite low (not that space is a major issue at these scales). Using the SQLite3 engine does allow me to in the future do horrible things like having blobs in the data, which means being able to store photos (without encoding).

                              At least with the per-job file system, it's exceptionally low risk of two people writing to the file concurrently.

                              The only other route I can look at is a dedicated DBMS and I'm not really planning on doing that for a sub-$1000 piece of software.
                              FlexBV - http://pldaniels.com/flexbv

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Paul Daniels View Post
                                sub-$1000 piece of software.
                                OK, so the only bit I understood was was SQL data base. Is this jop sharing functionality a viable option (time / money wise) in any form for this project?
                                Please make answer stupid person friendly

                                Comment

                                thread bottom ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X