Tool for Macbook air keyboard

G.Beard

Is there any tool on ebay or aliexpress I can buy to remove rivet on Macbook air?

I've seen a few people devise their own methods. There is some guy selling rivet remover tools but it's basically a modified screwdriver for £50. TBH, the time you would spend doing this with a tool is not worth it... I've tried.

I like to pull up one corner with a screw driver, cover the back of the KB with tape to catch the rivet tops and yank it up with pliers. Most the rivets stay in place and I use a tiny spot of super glue on each rivet and screws where they are missing when replacing the KB. Never had one come back. If Apple can use sticky tape to hold devices together and people are happy to spend thousands on them I'm sure it's acceptable to use screws glue.

Tony Tone

I had pulled a keyboard not too long ago and none of the rivets came out. I used the red snips kinda like a nail remover on the back of a hammer. I had to use extreme force for each one. I was pooped afterwards.

Gurmon

I've seen a few people devise their own methods. There is some guy selling rivet remover tools but it's basically a modified screwdriver for £50. TBH, the time you would spend doing this with a tool is not worth it... I've tried.

That tool was originally made for me. It takes out every single rivet with ease. I've changed at least a few hundred keyboards with it. Its a bargain at £50.00.