JBC JT hot air station vs Hakko FR-810 station

mitchell crane

I am interested in opinions on this . It looks like the hakko has that same amount of raw power (actually more) then the JBC unit. Down side of course of the Hakko is the control interface which I am sure the JBC is much easier to control . Plus side of the Hakko is it is half the cost. So in actual use has the FR810 proven to be just as powerful as the JBC ?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
I have used both. The FR-810 is powerful but the power here is really in the interface with the JBC. When you want to use high temp/high air(removing large IC on large board) or low temp/high air(cleaning flux off before UC) or high temp/low air(reballing so balls don't jump out) changing temps on the Hakko is a bitch, it has the worst interface imaginable.

But it's worth it to deal with the shitty interface on the Hakko because the JBC costs $1800+ which is beyond reasonable for something that shoots hot air.

mitchell crane

The interface on the Hakko does concern me as I do not like tools that make my work harder. When using a hakko soldering station it does not bother me as I really do not fiddle with it that much. With a hot air station needing more fiddling with the interface starts to weigh in more for sure. Although the hakko unit does have presets which will help . As far as the costs - I personally think that they are all overpriced for what they are. There mini heat guns . But it is nice to hear it has the power . Saving 700 for other equipment is always a plus.