where to buy A1286 2012 15" LVDS connector?

Alan.L

thanks duke, macbook wasnt water damaged. was meant to be a simple task, the display assembly was badly damaged. so my task was change shell, add screen. new screen tested working along with the lvds cable. when i put everything back to together, somehow screen didn't turn on and causing to reboot. the backlight fuse has broke, and found out pin 38,39,40 is shorted to ground. i couldnt find where the short is. the connector is mint condition. so i then remove the backlight driver. but short still there. then i remove the connector because it might have internal short. but short is still there. then i remove C9799. then the short is gone. i have no idea why C9799 has turned into a wire.
i should of check if i have this connector in-stock before i remove it. now i need to wait a week to arrive.........cool story bro. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

G.Beard

Don't you have a fucked up old screen anywhere you can pull one off the back of?.... Connectors are the same I think.

dukefawks

Administrator
Uhm, I see no reason to need a new connector if you just took off the old...

No the LCD side are 2011 model.

Alan.L

i broke the old one while trying to take it out. i just bought 2 from that ebay page. i want to buy a lot, cant find that shit on Aliexpress. even Louis doesn't have this in-stock.

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
3330 donor boards are $18 with free shipping on Ali. Buy a bunch of those, always handy for 6259 chips, connectors, etc.