Best thermal paste to use for Macbook pro with the common GPU issues?

roy.ruan

I had been using arctic silver 5 all the time and lately just found that a lot of people complained about it and said not good for the Macbook pro heatsink design.

so just wondering what's the best kind you guys are using.

thanks

roy.ruan

just some 0809000 left and few 00005 ,way high price bought from a repair shop in the city that they stocked up back then.
Paid almost 70 each for the 1617 version, I mainly use for a1297 repairs only when I can charge customers higher.

0809000 can sub most of the repairs for a1286,(of course,must have the customer agreed the downgrade first),pretty hopeless for the new ones now..
Probably stop taking in after these I have left

iambehr

We like Arctic MX-4 for all gpu and cpu applications. Less conductive than arctic silver. Easier to apply too, and doesn't lose performance over time.

iambehr

Well, yes and no. Less electrically conductive for sure. Probably less thermally conductive than a metal containing compound, but by a small percent.
Advantages are: easier application, no "setting" time, no fear of capacitance or shorting, and high stability (it is rated for 8 years).

We had previously used arctic silver 5, and it does work, but it is a pain to deal with. It's thickness made it hard to apply consistently, and it tended to dry out more quickly I noticed.