820-4924 CPU Stencil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-4924 CPU Stencil

Anyone know off hand where to find the stencil for this CPU. I had one with bad liquid damage under the CPU. I have a feeling the CPU is bad but I did find some burnt solder under the CPU on 2 "non required" pads for internal bypass caps. Had heat in that very area and hoping this might fix it.
    B&C Connection LLC
    Chris Long

Don't know right now, but usually you can find them if you search the Intel SL*** or something like that number that is on the CPU.
    Also I would advice to check PPVRTC ball of the CPU for a short to GND, if that is the case the CPU can go in the trash.

Comment

PPVRTC is .500 in diode mode. The main one that was damage. The pad is gone off the CPU is PPVOUT_S0_PCH_DCPRTC. It seems this line only goes to a bypass cap. Although this computer was failing to boot no 5v S3 with Heat on CPU/PCH. The heat was near this ball and there was decent corrosion on the pad and under that area.
      B&C Connection LLC
      Chris Long

Comment

Found it SR1700. Should be here between 2 weeks and 2 months. Thanks China haha
        B&C Connection LLC
        Chris Long

Comment

Bleh, if the CPU was getting hot without any S3 voltages I'm pretty sure this is a waste of time on a dead CPU.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X