No announcement yet.

ASD access?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a AASP for 10 years up until last week.......They are going to be pretty much closing all the small independant centres down in favour of their own stores and building a central repair facilty somewhere. This is the future.
    The only advantage remained was access to AST2 and genuine parts available the next day.

The rest was a royal ball ache....

Comment

Damn that's some bullshit man lol. I will def be avoiding that like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurmon View Post
        I was a AASP for 10 years up until last week.......They are going to be pretty much closing all the small independant centres down in favour of their own stores and building a central repair facilty somewhere. This is the future.
        The only advantage remained was access to AST2 and genuine parts available the next day.

The rest was a royal ball ache....

That's a fucking shitty deal man!
        What does this mean for your business?
        I've seen this happen when the Apple store rolled into town, the local AASP was no more, but do you know if this is a global thing or just certain stores? I am aware you deal with a large number of Apple products so it's not as if you're non productive, should other AASPs be worried?

Comment

Well, i've been planning my exit for 2 years, so its no big shock to the system.
          Lots of AASP's will be fucked, as they totally rely on Apple referrals. There is no money left in being a part swapper. You got to repair to component level to make decent money. For this fact, the Apple store cant touch our prices, they are hundreds of £££ more expensive.

I'm adopting Dukes model, and largely repairing for other repair centres and AASPs. MUCH less headache.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X