thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

I purchased the data backup tool for when the board is not repairable I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I purchased the data backup tool for when the board is not repairable I need help!

Hello I am new here but have been doing board repairs for 7 years. Anyhow I purchased one of those tools that can backup the data on the board even if the board is not repairable for the boards that have the soldered on storage. However I havn't had the chance to use it and have a customers device that I think a) is compatable and b) the board is not repairable well at least I don't do any cpu repairs.... So does anyone know how to use it? What is the name of the port and the protocol apple named it? Also do I need a mac to operate this or can I use any device with a usb port?

Thanks for any help!

I'm not really a Apple Fanboy it is sarcasm!!! Please help!

Comment

You refer to the Apple 620-00658 Data Transfer Device. The port on the board is called the lifeboat adapter. It came with a purdy little USB-C type cable and a purdy power supply. Don't lose them. Remember to hook everything up correctly. ALL this kit is: is a memory controller like you find on a hard drive / flash drive. It is almost an entire macbook air inside the box for this purpose! You can hook this tool up to any computer. Data appears. Hopefully. I used it once. It worked. Paid for itself right there.

Comment

Where do I get one?

Comment

Have to source them online. Random websites have them

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X