CREST CP500D £805.20 inc VAT and basket from Sonikem in the UK. Many other models.

G.Beard

Just spoke to John again, they actually have a chemist on site who is looking at the MSDS for branson ec. I'll update when I get a reply on what they can offer.
Minimum order of 4x 5 gallon I think.

G.Beard

Any news regarding alternatives for Branson EC in the UK??
thank you

Nope, I just ended up buying some ES132 from Mouser.com...

Branson EC contains base amino acids and are under prohibition here for that reason I suspect. Just like in the US I believe you can still get Vicks nasal spray over the counter that contains pseudoephedrine but here, no chance.... Some people use these chemicals to make to stuff that's sold by the gram so I don't think it is possible to even get close to Branson EC in the UK.

Last edited:

G.Beard

Yep, I use the ES132 every day. Personally I find it cleans very well between 65 - 70C although I'm sure people would advise against it I can't see why. Not going to degrade caps of melt solder or destroy pads so I use it up to 70C. Works very well.

hi ,
cp500d taking tooooooooo long to heat up to the desired temperature , quite strong smell of es132 , whoever uses it should have good ventilation , no idea what sort of harm they do to the skin . if any one has info please do share .

SMMRepair

They will all take at least a few hours to heat up to temperature. Turn it on in the morning when you know you'll need it, and turn it off at end of the day. This isn't a tool you turn on and use 5 minutes later. Mine takes a solid 2 hours to get to full 65-70 degrees. Patience.

As for smell, did you use the proper amount of solution? I get strong fumes when I over-pour a bit.

SoroS

hi ,
cp500d taking tooooooooo long to heat up to the desired temperature , quite strong smell of es132 , whoever uses it should have good ventilation , no idea what sort of harm they do to the skin . if any one has info please do share .

How did you diluted? Here says 1:10

hi soros,
5 litre distilled water with 103 ml of es132 , wanted to heat it to 65 degree's so had to wait hours but now i have ordered a water heater . it cleaned out pretty well .

Last edited:

SoroS

just 103 ml? and worked well? I thought you will need 500ml for 5L of d water. thanks for the info
Still waiting for my ultrasonic

hi ,
yes so far so good , also it is best to start from less amount as we dont want to damage boards , also i think if it is 10 ml to 1 litre then 50 ml to 5 litre and i have put over 100 ml , one thing i remember was to wait hours for it to warm up to 65 degrees ( the smell was strong) . share your experience and i will share mine .

G.Beard

Mine takes about an hour I think but never bothered to count.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but.....

100ml to every 1000ml = one part to ten part ratio.
The CP500D takes (roughly) 4L water to 400ml ES132.
Deionised water 25L (£16 from Amazon.)
ES132 is 3.8L per tub (retarded gallon)
That works out to be 3x 25L (75L) of water and 2x 3.8L (7.6L) of ES132, at 10:1 you will have roughly 19 tanks full and they both run out at the same time, aside from a jiz-worth of ES132.

Last edited:

SoroS

First test with the cp500d whent well, the smell of uc cleaner is ok. used 400ml of uc cleaner for 4L off distilled water.

G.Beard

First test with the cp500d whent well, the smell of uc cleaner is ok. used 400ml of uc cleaner for 4L off distilled water.

I find that when heating, it heats up a hell of a lot faster with degas turned on.... Or just switch the thing on to clean right away. Something about the vibration in the water.

Last edited: