iMac pro 2018 DFU reset help needed

Dozer

hi,

got the imac pro without any sign of life. client told me machine crashes randomly and install from internet ending with error 1008F, but now dont turn on
after replacing the power unit the machine turned on but was not possible to install or restore all ends with 1008F

so tryed the DFU reset. that worked fine. after that i got internet restored but only Mojave

so tryed here an update to Monterey, that failed and machine shows no sign of life

I tryed DFU reset again but that seems not to be possible got all time this error

what i do wrong here, what can i do to make the machine running again? thanks for help

Attachments

• 20220124_102058.jpg
    20220124_102058.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 0

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Many people complained on Internet about machines crashed on macOS upgrade, especially Big Sur and Monterey.
BIOS got corrupted and the only way to recover it is DFU.
Try to do it more times, or send him to Apple.

This happens because people with perfect working Mojave, or Catalina macOS want to get latest Apple macOS, without real reason.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
DFU restore will erase SSD; no way to recover anything.
FileVault was probably enabled, as people like to encrypt their data against god knows what.

Try to get get access to SSD in Target Disk mode.

Dozer

I still have the problem with the imac pro 2018

i can turn in dfu mode without problems but with the configurator happens the error 06

the last osx i installed was Mojave. is it needfull on the host computer to run mojave as well ?

the target is imac pro 2018 mojave
i tryed the host with a a1706 2017 installed monterey 12.0.1

how is it possible to repair that? need realy help

i found here : https://mrmacintosh.com/apple-silicon-m1-full-macos-restore-ipsw-firmware-files-database/
the ISPW files

is it a good idea for example to flash the t2 with the medusa and the ISPW file ?

Attachments

• 20220509_205810.jpg
    20220509_205810.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 0

Dozer

I tryed now installing Mojave on Host

the target is imac pro 2018 mojave
i tryed the host with a a1706 2017 installed mojave 10.14

got now error 10

this is discribed in mr.macintosh as osx not matching

..."

BridgeOS Restore Error 10 – The BridgeOS Restore failed! This is most likely because the host Mac was 1 or 2 OS Versions behind the Target Mac. The Host and Target Mac need to be on the same OS Version.

If your Target Mac is on 10.15, then your Host Mac needs to be on 10.15.

The OS Cannot be restored on this device.

The operation couldn’t be completed. (AMRestoreErrorDomain error 10 – Failed to handle message type StatusMsg) [AMRestoreErrorDomain – 0xA (10)]
..."

so what now?