820-00850 no audio

nininunz

This one was shelved a few months ago so not exactly sure what I've tried. It's one of my boards, not a customer so it hasn't been a priority. But basically it just has no audio. Well actually the internal speakers do work for a few seconds after boot, usually like 10 seconds into a YouTube video test. Then there is just zero audio until the computer is rebooted. Strangely the 3.5 jack outputs audio normally.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Is the volume bar still active when the problem occurs?

The problem must be related with speaker amplifiers; audio codec drives headphones directly.
Check SPKRAMP_RESET_L and SPKRAMP_INT_L behavior.

nininunz

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Is the volume bar still active when the problem occurs?

The problem must be related with speaker amplifiers; audio codec drives headphones directly.
Check SPKRAMP_RESET_L and SPKRAMP_INT_L behavior.
Thanks
I'm like 95% sure yes. The computer is actually not turning on :/
I think the battery is just dead, its taking on 1.7A rn. Gonna let it sit for a min.
Check their behavior how?

Edit: I haven't tried turning it on in months. Not like it suddenly died on me.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"Check their behavior how?"
Comparing their level in good working state and when problem appears.

BTW, write your reply directly into reply box, instead of clicking Reply button.
Unless you have a reason to quote an entire post, visible few centimeters above.
Please, maintain forum aesthetic.

nininunz

My bad. And I meant like check what? Voltage? Resistance? Well anyway this board seems to have made its way from no audio to the no power board pile. Sits at 20v 0.03A with only the charger connected. Fun.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using 87W original charger?
Also test connecting known good battery.

"check what? Voltage?"
Yes.