00165 boots then shuts

Mamdouh

I have a 820-00165 that had liquid damage, after ultrasonic it boots then after a minute or so shuts down. c5001 and c5020 were messed up replaced no change.
when it shuts i can short r5115 to turn it back on, tested without keyboard.

Mamdouh

Reballed smc and tried smc bypass same thing sometimes just gets past the login screen sometimes it dosent completley load in after password

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Did the board start with max fan speed in SMC bypass?

Test (in normal mode) booting Windows, or Linux Live USB.

Mamdouh

Yes max fan speed in smc bypass i tried ubuntu normally and it hasnt shut down

Last edited:

Mamdouh

Wrote a clean ME bios file on this one and no change. Where can i learn about what would be an issue with the bios? And im using a file i believe i found on the forum that had a clean ME, are you saying that i need to clean the ME myself from a good bios because im not sure how to do that

Mamdouh

Safe mode worked. On login screen the screen flickered and made weird lines going up and down the screen it hasnt shut down so far

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
So the problem appears when macOS try to load a driver.
For this reason Windows/Linux Live work, as do not load all drivers when booting.
Do fresh install of Windows and check which driver cannot be installed; maybe Intel graphics fails.
You can also run memory test from Windows Live.

Mamdouh

Booted off of windows and worked installed the graphics driver *intel hd 6000* and it shut down and shuts down when using the same os with that driver installed