Hi everyone! First post here. I am hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having with a 2016 A1706. I bought this computer from a guy who turned it on one morning and said he heard a little pop, then a little puff of smoke and a burning smell came out of it and it stopped working. I opened it up to find that a inductor had cracked in half, so I replaced it with the exact component from another board. It still doesn't boot up. I get 20v @ 2.76a. I have track pad click, the fans kick on after it gets hot and it will power USB device, but no image and no start up chime. With power disconnected it seems like most of the components above the CPU Near back of the MacBook are shorted to ground. Also voltages seem off from the schematics. At least in that area. I have attached an image with a circle around the component I have replace. Maybe the CPU is cooked?
87.5 KB Views: 0