2936 won't start from battery

Bohmmen

This one won't start from battery and it won't show anything on the battery indicator. With magsafe connected it starts and charges the battery. There is no X on the battery icon. It runs from battery if magsafe is disconnected. Nothing changes if I disconnect the BIL

Bohmmen

have done that. The big problem is that it wont start from battery. Don't think that BIL need to be connected to start from battery

Bohmmen

Something is pulling down SMBUS_SMC_BSA_SCL . I get 1.5 volt at pin four on the battery connector. On another bord with same battery I get 3,4 volt

dukefawks

Administrator
There is nothing wrong with the data bus if the battery is recognized fully in OSX. I doubt you checked this as the BIL does not work and there is no power from battery. Check the pull up resistors and otherwise it is dead SMC/ISL6259

Bohmmen

When the computer is running SMBUS_SMC_BSA_SCL goes up to 3,4 volt. But when it is off it's only 1,5.
checked three other macbooks and they are all showing 3,4 when off.

dukefawks Dont understand what you meen with this "I doubt you checked this as the BIL does not work and there is no power from battery"
It works from battery but it wont start from battery.

BMarden

if R5280 is normal, Bat connector looks clean, BIL change has not effect, and PPV3V42 is present... I would try replacing D6950, Zenor's can be a bit funny

Bohmmen

This One almost work now. It boots from battery.
The problem is that the fan starts spinning before login screen. And after a few minutes the coursor is hacking and everything feels slow. When i run it without the battery its all good. I have tried different trackpads, bil-connectors and batteries with no luck.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Try other HDD.
Also try your USB test OSX, disconnecting flex for internal HDD.
Fan still start high if you leave the machine waiting in boot menu?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Connect the battery whitout seating it into the case (on top of trackpad); let the battery out of case.
Fan still high without battery?