3115 No P5v_S3

grmacs

Diode readings around U7200 look good but tried replacing it. PPBUS G3H is 12.65V. S5 PGood is 3V, SMC PM G2 EN is present. NO 5v 3v3 REG EN. Did a check with FLIR just in case and that isn't picking up anything hot. Multiple liquid contact areas but not seeing anything with serious corrosion and found some parts knocked off and replaced those.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
" NO 5v 3v3 REG EN
-----------
3 - 3.3V"
???

If you consider to write correctly a signal name, will be more easy to avoid confusions.

grmacs

I had typed it correctly. Previously had 0V when checking... maybe didnt have good contacts. What is needed to enable P5v_S3... pin 2 of Q7221 should be low, correct? it is 3.4V. PM_SLP_S4_L is not present which I believe is needed to get P5v_S3?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"I had typed it correctly"
Zoom in and check if isn't P5V3V3_REG_EN instead!!!

S3 state is enabled by PM_SLP_S4_L signal.
You need to get 3V3_SUS first.

grmacs

I verified both P5v3v3_REG_EN & 5v3v3_REG_EN are present if that is what you mean so I apparently didn't get an accurate measurement previously or it may have restored after some work on the board. PP3v3_SUS is present

grmacs

I"m an idiot I don't know why I didn't follow same startup sequence as the A1502/1466/1398 boards. 0V at C1802/3 and realized I was missing PPVRTC_G3H near there but it was present on U2600 the pass through line was damaged next to C2233 so jumpered and now I'm getting a short fan spin and stopping.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Then you have problems with some I/V sensor.
Check first resistance between pins 17/18 and 27/28 of U7000.

grmacs

Yeah I checked those and the ISL resistances there checked out. Investigated ISENSE and VSENSE components around the SMC during SMC bypass and couldnt find anything. Reflowed SMC with pressure and board now starts and boots after cool off.