3476 Has VCore, no: boot, image, chime etc

Tony Tone

No water damage, no visible corrosion.
Tried PRAM reset with a new keyboard (don't have external), connector looks good.
Tried SMC Bypass, Safe Mode, known working drive.
Don't have USB mouse, used iPhone w/ammeter and see that it is charging the iPhone 1.5A I think it said.
VCore is 1.74V
ALL_SYS_PWGD 3.3V
Fan spins normal and speeds up when it gets hot. Spins high-speed in SMC Bypass.
Using brand new known good battery and 85W from Apple store.

Tony Tone

Is external keyboard mandatory? & it has to be a USB keyboard and not a wireless keyboard, correct? & I imagine it has to be an Apple keyboard for the option and power button right? LOL

Last edited:

Tony Tone

...............I don't have the history, the person it came from doesn't know either. It seems very clean and untouched. Runs nice. I know it is no use measuring everything if have VCore, ALL_SYS_PWGD, & SMC_ONOFF (or is my thinking wrong)? I will get a mouse and keyboard...............

[I was going to ask about this keyboard mouse thing, but see Louis has a video on it. Thank you Louis!]

Last edited:

Tony Tone

With USB mouse attached it will blink the light for 1 second and thats it. In my HP laptop the light stays on. So I am assuming a brain-dead board? And with a PC USB keyboard and shorting cap on and holding Window key, Alt, P, R does nothing. Tried all several times. Pulling the plug on life support.

Tony Tone

For BIOS I can just pull and put on another, nothing special I have to do?

I will try !

Question: so if there was a light on the mouse, then you say its brain dead?

dukefawks

Administrator
If there is a light on the mouse the board is working to some extent. You can only swap BIOS for testing, if it works then ME region needs fixing.